Thompson Ramo Woolridge (TRW)
The company was formed in 1958 as Thompson Ramo Wooldridge, Inc. from the merger of Thompson Products, Inc., and Ramo-Wooldridge Corporation. It specialized in supplying equipment to military and industrial customers and in 1959 introduced the fully transistor-based Ramo-Wooldridge RW-300 computer as a process control machine.
This magnetic drum memory machine was sold to many different firms and TRW had agreements with firms such as the French Bull group to market it in Europe. They did create more advanced process control machines, but left the commercial marketing of computers about the same time as they officially changed their name to TRW Inc. in 1965.