Exponential Center Events
The Exponential Center will use all the new tools of the connected, digital world to bring their stories to life. Regis McKenna
CHM’s Exponential Center hosts live programming, private roundtables, government and business briefings, conferences, and signature events that bring entrepreneurial stories to life.
Our Founders series features pre-eminent company founders in conversation about their entrepreneurial journey and lessons.
Our Change-Makers series showcases influential innovators, venture capitalists, and other key players in the innovation ecosystem.
Our 360 Series develops dynamic in-depth case studies to explore stories of transformational companies or products, drawing on a ”360°” approach from the company’s founders, investors, partners, and employees, integrating research, artifacts, interviews and analysis all presented in a lively, interactive event.
Selected Past Events
March 2017Two decades before Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone, a handful of engineers and designers began exploring the idea of handheld computers in Silicon Valley. In 1987, beginning with the then-secret Newton Project inside Apple and with a mobile pen-based computer at Go Corp., a range of handheld computing ideas began to bubble up all around the Valley.
Highlights from panel discussion with moderator John Markoff; Steve Capps, Member of Apple Newton Team; Donna Dubinsky, former president & CEO of Palm Inc. and co-founder & former CEO of Handspring; Jerry Kaplan, founder of Go Corp.; and Marc Porat, co-founder and former chief executive of General Magic.
November 2016A growing number of innovators and entrepreneurs are focused on the next billion people who are digitally excluded, many of whom live in extreme poverty, globally and locally. Is there a way to dismantle the false choice between purpose and profit?
Highlights from a fireside chat with Kiva Executive Chairman Julie Hanna in Conversation with Exponentials' Marguerite Gong Hancock.
October 2016Twitch's Justin Kan, CrowdSmart's Kim Polese, and Garage Technology Ventures' Bill Reichert discuss Silicon Valley's adage: "Fail fast. Succeed faster."
Highlights from Conversation with Twitch's Justin Kan, CrowdSmart's Kim Polese, and Garage Technology Ventures' Bill Reichert.
September 2016DFJ’s Operating Partner Heidi Roizen and CloudFlare Co-Founder Michelle Zatlyn share stories on the highs and lows of entrepreneurship, tenacity and sweating the details.
Highlights from Heidi Roizen and Michelle Zatlyn in Conversation with Exponentials’ Marguerite Gong Hancock.
US Chief Data Scientist Dr. DJ Patil on Using the Power of Data to Create a More Efficient AmericaDuring a roundtable discussion, Dr. Patil explored the use of data in the Federal Government, including precision medicine, cancer, policing, criminal justice reform and innovation.
Alibaba and Jack Ma: Beyond E-commerce and China-Implications for Silicon ValleyAlibaba: The House That Jack Ma Built is a story of how one entrepreneur, Jack Ma, used his charisma, ambition, and unrelenting determination to build a company that surprised the world. Duncan Clark, who first met Jack Ma in 1999, digs deep into the remarkable journey of this amazing businessman.
Silicon Valley 360: NetApp“360” events on noteworthy companies that have transformed the world’s technologies, economy, and society. Innovative in-depth case study of a company, from founding through building and impact. Combines extensive video interviews, executive speakers and audience engagement in a dynamic, interactive live format.
Swedish Royal VisitCrown Princess Victoria of Sweden attended a briefing from Nordic startup companies as part of a program hosted by Exponential to highlight the impact of innovation-based entrepreneurship on a region's economy. Executive Director, Marguerite Hancock, led a panel discussion on this key issue.
Executive Roundtable hosted by US Undersecretary of Commerce, Stefan SeligUS Undersecretary of Commerce, Stefan Selig, came to Silicon Valley to discuss trade policy and related matters with key Silicon Valley executives. Exponential hosted and attended the event and had primary responsibility for identifying and inviting the best executives for this event.
Previous Events focused on entrepreneurship, companies or Silicon Valley
- Creativity Inc: Author Ed Catmull in Conversation with John Hollar
- Defy Ventures Founder & CEO Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Lauren Sydell
- Theranos Founder & CEO Elizabeth Holmes in Conversation with Michael Krasni
- An Evening with Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Steve Case
- Akamai's Co-Founder & CEO Tom Leighton in Conversation with John Hollar
- Regis McKenna in Conversation with John Markoff
- An Evening with Elon Musk
- The Technology of Animation with Dreamworks CEO Jeff Katzenberg
- Facebook Effect - Author David Kirkpatrick & Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg
- An Evening with Marissa Mayer
- "How Google Works" Authors Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg in Conversation with Marissa Mayer
- Game Changers: Sony Computer Entertainment's Shuhei Yoshida in Conversation with Mark Cerny
- IBM's chairman and CEO Ginni Rometty in conversation with museum CEO John Hollar
- Game changers : Trip Hawkins with the New York Times' John Markoff
- An evening with Qualcomm's Dr. Paul E. Jacobs
- Cisco's Padmasree Warrior in Conversation with NPR's Laura Sydell
- Game changers: Mark Cerny with EA's Rich Hilleman
- Innovating the future: SRI's Curt Carlson and Bill Mark in conversation with John Markoff of The New York Times
- An evening with Intel's Justin Rattner
- Idea Man: author Paul Allen in conversation with Jose Antonio Vargas