Collections Cataloging Project Intern
Location: Milpitas, CA
Required Qualifications, Attributes and Skills:
- A currently enrolled (or recently graduated within one year) graduate student working towards a degree in Museum Studies or Library & Information Services.
- Knowledge of collections registration and management processes, and accessioning and loans principles and standards.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to be flexible.
- Skills in organizing resources, establishing priorities, performing research.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with strong command of the English language.
- Proficiency with Windows and database software.
- Knowledge of Mimsy XG or similar relational collection management database.
- Familiarity with Excel and Word.
- Exceptional communication, research and records management skills.
How to Apply
Please please email resume and cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com
About the Museum
Located in Mountain View, CA, the Computer History Museum is a unique institution and home to the largest collection of computer related collections in the world. The Museum's vision is to explore the computing revolution and its impact on human experience. Backed by leaders and innovators of the computer industry, CHM actively works with community members to develop exhibits, collections, public programs, and special events. Visit www.computerhistory,org for more information.
Visit the Museum's website at: http://www.computerhistory.org