Museum Store Retail Assistant
Duration: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Department: Museum Services
The Computer History Museum seeks an energetic, qualified, and customer service oriented professional to serve as a retail assistant in the museum’s Gift Shop. The Computer History Museum is the world’s leading institution exploring the history of computing and its impact on the society. The Gift Shop is an integral part of the museum’s visitor experience – offering the opportunity for guests from around the world to purchase items that commemorate and extend their encounter with computing history. The ideal candidate for this position is seeking the opportunity to work at a world-class institution, has an upbeat demeanor, good communication skills, and a genuine desire to provide visitors with an exceptional experience.
The Museum Store Retail Assistant is a full-time (32 – 40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt position. This position is also entitled to Museum health, PTO and other benefits. Shifts will be scheduled Tuesdays through Sundays between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm and will require flexibility to work weekends and some holidays and evenings.
Gift Shop Hours: 10-5PM Tuesday to Sunday. Mondays are closed but we are open on Monday Holidays.
- Perform Store opening and closing procedures consistently
- Follow and process all transactions accurately, consistently and efficiently
- Maintain high standards of visual appearance and cleanliness of store
- Restocking and merchandising duties throughout the day
- Timely communication of inventory needs to the manager
- Assist with monthly physical inventory and cycle counts
- Consistently work to increase merchandise knowledge through research and demonstrations
- Maintain Store’s Policies and procedures in security, loss prevention and safety
- Answer questions and provide information regarding the store and the museum
- Introduce and encourage visitors to become museum members and participate in museum programming
- Help with special lectures/events as needed
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience in a highly interactive work environment is required
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and professional demeanor
- Require minimal supervision in accomplishing assigned tasks; attention to detail and be able to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Punctual and adheres to scheduled hours, flexibility to work demands
- Assist with merchandising and attractive seasonal visual displays
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with visitors (multi-language is a PLUS)
- Ability to work flexible schedule with some evenings and holidays
- Able to stand for extended periods, bend and safely lift up to 25lbs
How to Apply
Please email your resume and references, with a cover letter in the body of your email to email@example.com. Resume, references and cover letter are required to be considered for this job. We do not take phone calls or walk-ins.