Museum Store Retail Assistant
Duration: Part Time
Location: Mountain View, CA
Department: Museum Services
The Museum Store Retail Assistant is a part time, hourly, non exempt position at the Computer History Museum Store located inside The Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California. The position reports to the Museum Store Manager.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer service driven individual to assist us with our growth. The ideal candidate for this position would have upbeat demeanor, good communication skills and a genuine desire to provide exceptional and professional museum experience. You will work independently for the duration of the shift with limited supervision. Occasionally you will assist the admissions Front Desk with selling tickets, answering questions about memberships and other guest service duties as needed.
This position is for 20-25 hrs per week with flexible scheduling. Typical shifts will be scheduled during the hours of 12-7pm Tuesdays to Sundays. Some evenings shifts and holidays may be required.
Our museum Hours: 10-5PM Tuesday to Sunday. Mondays are closed but we are open during Holidays.
- Perform Store opening and closing procedures consistently
- Follow and process all transactions accurately, consistently and efficiently
- Maintain high standards of visual appearance and cleanliness of store
- Restocking and merchandising duties throughout the day
- Timely communication of inventory needs to the manager
- Assist with monthly physical inventory and cycle counts
- Consistently work to increase merchandise knowledge through research and demonstrations
- Maintain Store’s Policies and procedures in security, loss prevention and safety
- Answer questions and provide information regarding the store and the museum
- Introduce and encourage visitors to become museum members and participate in museum programming
- Help with special lectures/events as needed
- Previous retail sales and customer service experience in a highly interactive work environment is required
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and professional demeanor
- Require minimal supervision in accomplishing assigned tasks; attention to detail and be able to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Punctual and adheres to scheduled hours, flexibility to work demands
- Assist with merchandising and attractive seasonal visual displays
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with visitors (multi-language is a PLUS)
- Ability to work flexible schedule with some evenings and holidays
- Able to stand for extended periods, bend and safely lift up to 25lbs
How to Apply
Please email your resume and references, with a cover letter in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume, references and cover letter are required to be considered for this job. We do not take phone calls or walk-ins.