TitleTimesharing and Remote Processing Services Meeting Session #7: Operations: Communications and Platforms
DescriptionThere was always a significant amount of expertise and cost involved in running the operational aspects of the TS/RPS companies. In this session the participants discuss the following topics related to operations:
• What platforms were used as the companies grew and why?
• Why did the companies build multiple data centers and how did they decide on the locations?
• What kind of staffing was required for the data centers?
• Were there differences in operating in Europe, Asia and other geographic locations versus operating in the US?
• How were performance and effectiveness measured for these operations centers?
• What were the most significant problems in operations?
|Bayles, Dick, participant|
|Belvin, Frank, participant|
|Brook, Chris, participant|
|Crandall, Rick, participant|
|Grad, Burt, moderator|
|Haigh, Thomas, historian|
|Hardy, Ann, participant|
|Hardy, Norm, participant|
|Humphries, Mike, participant|
|Jerger, Doug, SI SIG member|
|Johnson, Luanne, SI SIG co-chair; editor|
|LaHay, Edward, SI SIG member|
|Lowenstein, Dick, participant|
|McDonald, Chris, historian|
|Myers, Gary, participant|
|Rawlings, Nicholas, participant|
|Stein, Jeffery, participant|
|Wyman, Mike, participant|