TitleTimesharing and Remote Processing Services Meeting Session #9: Customer Services and Support
DescriptionWith customers geographically dispersed and computer usage taking place 24/7, how did the various companies handle customer service issues? Topics covered include:
• What kind of training was provided and where and how was it conducted?
• What kind of support was provided pre- and post-sales?
• How did they charge for these customer service and support functions?
• How did they recruit and train personnel for these functions and what was their career path in the company?
• Did user groups play a significant role in supporting timesharing customers?
• Did the companies submit proposals for work to be done?
• What kind of contracts did they enter into with their customers?
|Bayles, Dick, participant|
|Belvin, Frank, participant|
|Brook, Chris, participant|
|Grad, Burt, moderator|
|Haigh, Thomas, historian|
|Hardy, Ann, participant|
|Hardy, Norm, participant|
|Humphries, Mike, participant|
|Jerger, Doug, SI SIG member|
|Johnson, Luanne, SI SIG co-chair; editor|
|LaHay, Edward, SI SIG member|
|McDonald, Chris, historian|
|Myers, Gary, participant|
|Orenstein, Dick, participant|
|Rawlings, Nicholas, participant|
|Stein, Jeffery, participant|
|Wyman, Mike, participant|