Technical Program Manager
Classification: Regular Fulltime Exempt
Location: Mountain View, CA
Department: Information Technology
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work as part of the museum’s Information Technology team to program and project manage IT-related projects. These include, but are not limited to, CRM deployment, web site deployment, employee productivity tools, and infrastructure updates.
- Program and project manage IT projects.
- Develop detailed project plans with accurate estimates for resources, time, budget, and dependencies.
- Plan and implement projects
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources
- Collect and manage project team
- Manage budget
- Allocate project resources
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Track deliverables
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Present to stakeholders, reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of project
- Manage project issues and risks.
- Monitor project progress.
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop feasible plans that achieve the goals and objectives of the project and aligns with the organization’s overall IT and business strategy
- Work with IT and the user base to determine, validate, and document requirements. These include business, functional, non-functional, and technical requirements
- Ability to take a leadership role with an existing team or create one
- Document and report project progress to stakeholders and CIO
- Work with the museum and vendors to validate technology solutions
- Have a high-level technical understanding of modern internet, cloud, and IT technologies
- Other duties as assigned that are relevant to the position
- Technical BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years project management experience in IT
- Project management qualification (PMI, PMP) or equivalent
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Knowledge of techniques and tools
- Experience in Agile teams
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience as a project manager
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Strong background in cloud, internet and application frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a desire and ability to work closely with end-users and team members to implement systems and resolve problems
- Analytical and strong organizational skills
- Ability to occasionally work outside regular business hours for systems projects, museum events and/or problem resolution
- Ability to travel occasionally if needed to meet with vendors or related organizations
- Be of high aptitude and keen on detail.
- A background with a CRM system such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references to email@example.com.