Guest Services Associate
Duration: Regular, Hourly, Non-exempt, 30+ Hours per week with Benefits
Location: Mountain View, CA
Department: Museum Services
The Computer History Museum is the world’s leading institution exploring the history of computing and its ongoing impact on society. The Guest Services Associate will be a member of the museum front of house team and assist in serving over 200,000 event and exhibit visitors a year.
The position is 30+ hours per week position responsible for helping with the museum reception & general information desk, exhibit admission ticket sales, and front of house guest services including coat & baggage check, lost & found, and enforcement of general safety, security, and museum policies.
- Provide exceptional hospitality services at the reception, concierge and information desk. Prioritize customer service over all other tasks at all times.
- Maintain highest standards of visual appearance and cleanliness for the front desk, coat check, and main lobby areas. Ensure a “grand opening” look and feel to our guests at all times.
- Conduct general admission ticket sales and assist in membership promotion and sales
- On-going maintenance of the coat & baggage check and lost & found programs
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming museum exhibits, events and promotions. Have a strong understanding of the museum’s history and mission, and have the ability to pass on to our guests.
- Receive training on the Titan POS system; safety, security, and museum policies
- Work closely with the volunteer, retail and café staff to provide an outstanding guest experience daily.
- Cross train to assist in retail operations as-needed
- Customer focused, team oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Past customer service or retail experience preferred
- Energetic, creative and enthusiastic
- Organized, reliable, and able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior cash management experience
- Familiarity with a current computerized Point of Sale System
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and overtime as required
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the position title on the subject line.