Retail Sales Lead
Duration: Regular Fulltime Non-exempt Hourly (32 hours per week)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Department: Museum Services
The Retail Services Lead is the team leader of a versatile Front of House (FOH) team that provides an exceptional visitor experience for reception and concierge services, ticketing, retail sales, and membership sign-ups & sales. Additionally, the retail lead ensures that the team supports the overall Operations organization through participation in general office services programs, marketing initiatives, and maintenance of all safety policies and security procedures.
- Acts as the welcoming initial point of contact and concierge for all museum guests, visitors and clients. Prioritizes excellent customer service and the visitor experience over all other tasks.
- Provides accurate and timely customer information via friendly, engaging phone support
- Performs opening and closing functions of the museum store and the front desk through established procedures
- Conducts retail and ticketing sales, membership sign-ups & sales through use of POS systems. Handles cash and credit card transactions.
- Become knowledgeable about the museum, its history, exhibits, programs and special events, and communicates this information to guests
- Keeps current on all museum programs & events; prepares and distributes daily front line information via email communications
- Assists in sourcing and development of CHM specific merchandise,
- Assists in display and restock/reorder of the museum store and FOH ticket package promotional items.
- Assists in museum store with pricing, restock, merchandise displays, and inventory management
- Maintains highest standards of both visual appearance and operability of the museum Store, including all public spaces, main lobby, entryways, exhibits, front desk, coat room and the café area
- Understands and maintains all building safety, security and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Performs other related FOH duties as assigned.
Assists with the development and implementation of effective training for:
- FOH Store staff orientation and on-boarding processes
- FOH Store staff education for improved engagement with visitors, customers, members and donors
- A uniform customer service standard for CHM cross functional departments
- Minimum of 3 years experience in guest services, retail sales, and/or customer services
- BA / BS degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and collaborative team environment
- Excellent telephone, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficient, including ability to use database, word processing, internet, and e-mail. ability to use standard office equipment and perform multiple general functions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays hours as needed
- Punctual and reliable, neat and accurate in work habits; self starter with attention to detail
- Ability to move from place to place which may include standing and/or walking for extended period of time; must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.